[clockwise from top left]
1. OMAGOODNESS, it's MURSDAY! It's no secret that RDQLUS is a big fan of indie hip hop legend Murs. But what may be a secret is that Murs is a fan of RDQLUS! Whoa! I make it a point to get to every show when Murs is in my city, and I usually try to take him a little gift bag. So gracious and all about his fans, he went back and put it on and came out in the custom RDQLUS "Goldie" OMAGOODNESS tee and rocked his set. Yeah… Murs for President.
2. When you get a treat, do you usually have instructions come along? Damn. I do. Apparently I'm a terrible sharer of snacks because I got a note telling me so. That's awesome!
3. It was 65º five days ago. Now it's below freezing. Completely ridiculous in a not-so-good way. I need to winter somewhere else. C'mon!
4. Constantly dabbling in style and fashion, my RDQLUS "Dashers" custom slacks conversions have been raising a few eyebrows—including a former Project Runway alum, Valerie Mayen was even giving a little love. There's a tutorial showing how the "Dashers" are made.
5. I had a great time at a speaking gig for the Lincoln chapter of the American Advertising Federation's "Ad Camp" event, talking to students and soon-to-be-professional creatives in the RDQLUS staple "Asked & Answered" one-man panel. You never really know how it has gone until you hear from the organizers, but with social media you can often see reactions and responses almost immediately… like this cool note that got posted before I even made it back to Omaha. Not sure they were listening, but I love the drawing.