(Clockwise from top left)
1. The new album cover from MC RDQLUS & DJ Little Turkeyhead Baby; My barista Nick keeps it weird most mornings with me. So why would Thanksgiving not be grounds for even weirder?
2. What's a DEN without furnishings? No trip to visit to the DEN (Denver CO) is complete without a quick run thru the Church of Affordable High Design. Oh… Hej, IKEA!
3. Amenities are good, but service is defined by people. After simply remarking how good I thought the coffee was at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver South during breakfast, as I wrapped my meal and got ready to settle up, the manager walks over, sets two bags of Royal Cup grounds on my table and says, "Everyone should leave a trip with a souvenir!" The smallest details compel me to return to certain places regularly.
4. A trip to my boutique optometry client, "Robert Max Opticians" always turns into, "Try This On!" with Steve, Karen & Christina. Deal with it!
5. The Billionaire, the Champ and the RDQLUS One… OMAGOODNESS! - WBO Lightweight Champion of the World Terence "Bud" Crawford had his most recent title defense in our homeown (Omaha NE) over Thanksgiving weekend. In attendance was Warren Buffett (yes, that Warren Buffett) and 'Top Rank Boxing' caught a great snap of WB tossing a jab and rocking a t-shirt bearing the "TBC" monogram logo designed by RDQLUS for the Champ. Somebody cue the Ice Cube; a good day!
6. We've been friends for 12 years after meeting at a HOW Design conference and have taken tons of pictures together, yet he always knows how to kill his smile at the perfect time to ruin every single one! That's my boy! Eric Hines of Honest Bros & Built Mfg. is one of the most brilliant thinkers & creative minds that I've even come in contact with. When people ask who my favorite designers are, I can proudly—and very honestly—begin to list my friends over any other.