The Life & Times of RDQLUS!
1. "I promise… I'm with the models! Ask her!" Out & about, showing love for the Omaha-area fashion scene and supporting my little Hayley Krumwiede—one of the runway models who just so happens to be one of the young ladies I coach in track & field. Too much fun!
2. "Uh, I think you're in our seats!" Cooling front row with the "Matt & Matt Show" (Krumwiede) duo on the final night of "Omaha Fashion Week." Fashion & style inform my design process as much as graphic design publications & sources, if not more. Plus, my city won't advance without the participation of those claiming to be "creatives." Show love to know love!
3. There's no greater feeling for a man than being memorable to his high school. No collegiate or professional honor can ever compare to making a difference to your first alma mater. I was humbled and honored to have been inducted into the "Creighton Prep Athletic Hall of Fame" this week. No greater moment in my life! Many thanks to all involved. Oh, and "WE ARE C.P.!"
4. These dudes and the dopest! There are no sicker "pickers" in the Midwest than the mid-century modern mavens of 'Hutch', who find and revitalize great pieces of furniture, which is then put on display their multi-use retail/gallery space at Midtown Crossing.
5. Typical Guthrie… always on my back about something! If you don't know Tim Guthrie, you should. One of the premier fine artists, design instructors and creative thinkers in the country, let alone the Midwest. And he's always down to support the arts in the Omaha-area. Bumped into him at the 'Omaha Film Festival' this week, and had our typical laugh and good convo.
6. Ya boy gets RDQLUS'ly fresh, and yes I tie my own bow-ties. Nuff said!
7. RDQLUS clients always leave with badass brands in hand. But on ass? Yep! When adventure photojournalist Jen Edney said she wanted her brand on her lady bits, who was I to refuse. It's my job to make it happen! So… it happened!
8. The "Champion of the World" is from my old hood—North Omaha, stand up! RDQLUS was asked to help him capture momentum of a well-deserved, hard-fought win with a timeless brand worthy of a champion. And like his lightning-quick jab, I connected! *POW!*