1. A little post-class wrap lunch with Megan H. (of Hello Holiday) after speaking with the branding & media panel discussion with the combined "Journalism 1500" classes at UNOmaha this week.
2. Name number one on the marquee… No more need be said.
3. Grabbing lunch when the irony of a simple meal stop hit me; this was the very Fuddrucker's restaurant that I used to work at as a teen—my first, legal & official job, to be exact. As I sat there waiting for my food, I could barely contain my wry smile because this independent creative professional & entrepreneur was now on the other side of the counter where I used to sling cookies & malts to customers as the main man at the Fudd "Cookie Counter." Humbling.
4. It's not a side gig, or a hobby. It is yet another very important part of my life that gets its equal share of attention and focus… well that, or I somehow clone myself and manufacture extra hours in the day. Had a great and successful weekend coaching my track & field club "Tachyon Athletik" which represented themselves well at the 2014 edition of the KU Relays.
5. Battle Cat made my coffee, while Aquaman did push-ups on my hummus plate. So… I guess win, fools! Shouts out to Caffeine Dreams.
6. Perhaps my most intriguing sit-down, in a week chock full of chats, was with one of my favorite people in my sphere (which is saying something because we are rather new in our connection), the incomparable MC Sweet (and yes, that's her name… swank, right?!)—proprietor of Lotus House of Yoga. Insightful, intelligent, focused and a rather intoxicating way of carefully asking candid questions of me, and actually listening so intently to my responses. Many more sit-downs to come for us two. We vibe most properly.