Been Gone for a Minute…

Now I'm Back with the Jump-Off!

First stop: NYC.


After 3 weeks of travel, creative moves, business handling, speaking  gigs and one nasty sinus infection (thanks, sweaty dude in 12B on my  flight home!) I'm finally back home just in time for my birthday week  and some reflection time on the amazing past month that I've had. RDQLUS  was out East this past month, connecting with creative friends and  making moves to get involved with more fascinating things and widen the  scope of all things "HVYCRWN." [read on!]


The first stop on the tour was my second home and all things NYC. Top of  the world, ma! A quick jaunt across the Tri-Borough bridge and I'm on  the Island. No sooner do I drop my bags before I find myself with my  7-day Metro card, chilling comfortably in the flow of the 96 Crosstown  & "C" Line, heading down to Madison Square Gardens to meet up with  my guy Sean O. Williams of 'Obsessive Sneaker Disorder' to discuss  upcoming moves, projects and of course go scope a few sneaker spots. I mean why would we not?!


Perfect timing leaves a few hours in my schedule to kill, so the  customary stop in at my favorite little cafe in the world is in order.  Cafe Angelique wrapped herself around me, few me, refreshed me and  offered up the perfect conversation before heading off to my next  meeting.

Speaking of my next connection, Just as I'm looking at  the schedule, I get a text: "Where you at fool?! I'm hungry!" Ah, there  she is. The one, the only, the incomparable Tiffany Bainbridge—general  manager and buyer for the Lower East Side's twin women's & men's boutiques 'Pas de Deux' & 'Odin',  respectively. She's damn near family to me, and we have an amazing  connection through style, fashion and design. So a brief meet-up to discuss  some potential workings turned into the most incredible early  dinner-time chat about family, pre-Spring 2013 buys, hand-made jewelry  from back home and more, all over fantastic meatball entrées at my new  favorite spot, 'Meetballers'.


Armed with a pocket full of beats, headphones and a head full of thoughts, I happily darted through the belly of the beast on the forged steel worms that deposited me where I needed to be with wishful accuracy. A 3-day whirlwind of making moves and simply moving at the pace that I'm so suited for left me charged up and ready to go for more. But alas there needed to be a moment of settling in and resting for a few hours because the next stop; Penn Station and a slow train to Boston.